Thursday, August 20, 2009

Summer of Fun

So remember when I said all I wanted to do was sleep? Well I got part of my wish. Last night I went to bed at 9pm and woke up at 8:30am this morning to take my girls to camp. I was back in bed by 8:44am and slept until 11:06am. You would think I would be well rested, but I think I could honestly stay in bed all day and sleep. I remember my mother doing this when I was a kid. I was left to fend for myself on weekends for breakfast. Bryers ice cream was delicious. No wonder I was so heavy in 4th grade. Is this how my children will remember me? Will they remember eating popcorn, cereal or poptarts for breakfast. (Those are the current meals of each child.) I try to pull it together for them and do fun things during the day, but by nights end I am done.

We went to King's Dominion today (a local amusement park). The kids had a great time, although my youngest couldn't do too much due to her cast. I am actually going to call the Dr. in the morning about the cast. We are scheduled to go to an indoor water park for a few days next week, but I am worried they won't let her do any of the activities with her cast on. So much for the waterproof cast. Do I jeperdize her healing wrist so that she can have fun on our trip? Or do I cancel the trip? It's our summer of fun. We actually leave for the beach tomorrow too for the weekend. Busy time before school starts. I guess I'm doing this all out of guilt. Once school starts for the kids and me (grad school), life is going to be chaos. I have class 3 nights a week and the kids will have a sitter. I feel horrible for having someone else care for them and putting them to bed instead of me. I keep telling myself, "Only one more semester." I just have to keep telling myself that. I'm just not sure how I am going to do ALL of this alone.

Ok, enough whining. I'm going to fold my laundry and head off to bed. Here is to a happy weekend at the beach!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment