Wednesday, August 19, 2009

At the end of my rope.

In the midst of thinking I'm doing ok. I realized today that I am NOT. This parenting without a break thing sucks. He doesn't come home to releave me like he used to. I sleep all the time in the day, but not at night. I've been taking the kids to camp at 8:30am and going back to bed until 11:00. This leaves me enough time to take a shower before picking them up. Though yesterday I didn't even shower. I slept 25 minutes longer. There are days that I even take naps in the afternoon as well. I totally lost it today with my children. I gave them the warning of: "Mommy's going to lose it, so go find something to play with." I feel so guilty, but I just needed quiet time. No whining, no gimmies, no fighting. I tried to apologize to the girls. I'm hoping they are resilient. In the 'moment,' I could feel my BP shooting up. I hate feeling out of control. I have so many things to do, but no motivation to do them. I'm doing the laundry now for the beach this weekend. I need to straighten up the basement, have the kids clean thier rooms, put away the clean clothes and declutter the living room. Though, I have nothing to give. I'm on empty.

Funny how I can say I'm doing well, when in reality I'm not. I can get the kids where they need to go, and make sure they are fed and in bed on time. I kinda lose track of the bathing, but for the most part they are fairly clean. lol. Here is hoping for a better tomorrow. We are going out to dinner tonight because who wants to cook? Not me!

1 comment:

  1. mmandtt,

    I just wanted to say thank you - I see that you follow my blog and I like that someone out there is looking. I watch yours too just less publicly. I lost my husband just 3 days before you lost yours, so I think of you often as I cope and process all this. Don't worrry about the shower - at least you wash your sheets :).

    ReplyDelete