Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Hoping tomorrow is a better day!

I'm having a day. Not a bad day, but not a good day. I woke up a little grumpy, though there was no school today. I got to sleep in. I should be happy. Just about lunch time I gathered up the girls to head to Sears to pick out appliances for the new kitchen. Taylor then informed me she did not want to join us, so she made other plans. Great choice. I dispise shopping with her. It's all about what she can get out of the trip. So, Morgan, Madison and I headed to the mall. We grabbed some lunch first and then browsed around Sears. I spent $3300 in a matter of 45 minutes. Damn. The fridge, stove/oven, and microwave will be delivered next Wednesday. Beautiful.

I made one more stop to a clothing store to purchase some new bras and panties. Who doesn't like to look pretty? The girls helped me pick out some new items and were actually very good. Great start to the day, right?

Well, sometime between then and 4:00pm I got into a funk. It hit me. I'm alone. Yes, I know I have three beautiful little girls. And yes, I love them with all my heart and soul, but they can't fulfill my needs right now. I want an adult to talk to, to cuddle with and to hug and cry on. I feel like a loser of a mother. I basically let them run all over me. They treat the pantry like it's a 24 hour snack shack. They go to the basement to eat and promise to pick up thier trash. Do they? No! I find it all chewed up from the dog, scattered all over the floor. Do they not hear me? I know it's my fault because I don't follow through. I honestly don't have the energy to be consistant. I may be on it one day, but so tired the next. As for their bedrooms, omg. I've given up on Madison's room. I can't even walk in there anymore. I just shut the door and tell her I'm not doing the laundry until it's out in the hall. Same for Morgan. Her room is a bit cleaner, but still has baskets of clean clothes in it that she refuses to put away. Taylor, believe it or not, has the neatest room. I helped a little, but I guess having a smaller room is easier.

Their breakfast is made by themselves. I know that Morgan usually has cereal, Madison usually has a poptart and Taylor's breakfast usually includes a chip or cracker of some sort. I have bribed her with a piece of fruit if she is going to have chips. This is a step in the right direction.

The kids are typically watching tv in the recroom downstairs for every waking hour. Again, I don't have the energy to listen to the fighting. I feel horrible, but basically I see myself acting as if "Children should not be seen or heard." I'm doing such a disservice to them. I'm not the loving mom I was. I make sure they are fed, clothed and clean. They would probably be better off somewhere else. At the end of the day, the last thing I want to sit and do is listen to them read a story with me. That is horrible. I'm a teacher for God's sake! Reading is important. It then turns into an attention seeking battle between Madison and Taylor for the reading, so I quit doing it. I know it's wrong. I do. But by 8:30pm I'm ready for quiet time. Patience is not something I have an abundance of.

So, when I tell people how lonely I am and they say, "You have three kids," it's just not the same. I'm physcially, mentally, and emotionally lonely. I'm not feeling my steller self today. Tomorrow is another day. Hopefully it will be better than today. I can only hope for the best.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, honey. Being a single parent is a HUGE adjustment - add to it how you became the single parent? I'm impressed you're even getting out of bed, and that you're pantry HAS pop tarts!! You're a GREAT mom, so while you're cutting the girls some slack, cut yourself some.

    You're doing the best you can.

    If you need to vent, talk, cry, and just know someone's listening, I'm here. Hang in there sweetie.

    ReplyDelete