Thursday, July 22, 2010

One foot in front of the other

Today was a great day! The girls and I went to visit Brian's grandma. She broke both of her shoulders in a fall a few weeks ago. She looks awesome and is doing well. We then went to IKEA to get some ideas for the girls room rennovations. And I have to say the best thing I bought there was a frame for a butterfly card I had bought. It's perfect! Everything about it. The frame, the picture and the verse. It says:

A Butterfly

lights beside us like a sunbeam
and for a brief moment its glory and beauty
belong to the world but then it flies again
and though we wish it could have stayed...
we feel lucky to have seen it

-Unknown

I love it. I can't figure out where to put it though. I want to see it everyday.
Well, after IKEA we ran to Michael's to get some scrapbooking stuff for the girls. I want to make each of them a scrap book with thier daddy's favorite things. Pepsi, salt and vinegar chips, favorite colors: white and black (they matched everything), Skor candy bars, boston baked beans, golf, soccer, etc. I want them to remember. I think that Taylor was just 6 when Brian died. She will only remember what we tell her. I need her to remember. I need to remember. I feel like he's just slipping away. Life is going on, but I know he's here. The girls want to redo their rooms. This includes painting. Brian painted a special wall in both Madison and Taylor's rooms. I think it is so sweet that they want to keep the one wall just they way their daddy did it. I hate the thought of moving out of this house. I'm not, don't worry. At least not anytime soon. Any house after this won't include Brian. Some of this house is without him already with our rennovations, but I know he is still here. His blood, sweat and tears are here. His spirit is here. I know I go on and on here about him, but this is the one place I feel I can. In my daily life I get the looks or fear people will tire of hearing about him.

Back to my great day! The girls and I then grabbed dinner at my favorite: Chick-fil-a. It was fabulous. No one had any major meltdowns. We all got along. We sang in the car together and Taylor beat us at Beetlejuice. Instead of saying punch buggie and slugging your sister, we say Beetlejuice and rack up the points. That was my solution to the punching, not to mention Brian liked the movie. :) So today was a good day. Lots of daddy things and all on a good note. Tomorrow is another day. What will it bring?

2 comments:

  1. OMG - just about spit out my coffee laughing as I thought about us redoing that bathroom! We replaced nearly everything but the tub!! All with that stupid opening of ..."how hard could this be?!" Your dad freaking out when we'd turned off the power, thinking we'd electrocuted ourselves replacing that light! A Just Us Girls weekend that still makes me grin just thinking about it. Not sure what hit me - maybe because you finally redid the kitchen (I'd LOVE to see pix)...

    Lots of change for us both this year; in case you were wondering?

    You're doing great.

    Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, Poop! Thanks for all your support! Know I'm always here for you and the girls. You know how I love to play board games with the girl! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete